Re: Can someone please help I have been stuck for days.

Mathew S. Nowend wrote:

John

Well your idea did work and I was able to get through the total
installation. There were some other issues that I will worry about later
but once I was in gnome I tried to enable eth0 all the lights on the cable
modem were blinking and it completely locked up the laptop. So when I
rebooted it now locks up right at the beginning of the startup of Fedora. So
I am assuming I need to re install. What is weird is when I was using SuSe
for the last year or so I never had these problems. (Just problems with my
widescreen lcd) Thanks Mathew

It sounds like fedora is having majour issues with your network card, a re-install is very unlikly going to solve this problem.

We need to work out why it does not like the network card, there are all sorts of things we can try before we give up :)

Doug