Re: [Off Topic] Burning DVDs

Beri, Rohit wrote:
> What version of kernel are u using?
> also do you see any issues burning CD-R or CD-RW.
>
> I know I was having issues burning CD-R/RW with kernel 2.6.8.xxxx
> so now I use 2.6.7.xx on FC2

I've had the same problem on two different systems (different hardware
and software):

FC2 running Linux version 2.6.8-1.521 with a SONY DVD RW DRU-510A drive.
	The processor is an intel Pentium III
FC3 running Linux version 2.6.9-1.667 with a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S drive.
	The processor is an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+

I'm aware of the problem with kernel versions.  With kernels at or after
2.6.8, I haven't been able to run gcombust at all or cdrecord except as
root, but I have successfully made CDs using k3e.  I have been able to
burn one DVD successfully, namely the one for the AMD system,
(FC3-x86_64-DVD.iso) on the FC2 system.

I have not had similar problems burning CDs.  These are my first
attempts to burn DVDs, either data or video.

Thanks - jon