Can't boot from CD

Hello,

I've just burned FC3 iso1 (x86) onto a CD_RW (having first checked the
md5 sums of the isos), and attempted to
boot. It won't boot from the CD-ROM drive (I turned off all other
devices to make sure, and got "Operating system not found".)

Suspecting the burning process, I tried booting of a previous RedHat
CD - same result.

So it appears to be some kind of hardware problem.

I installed FC1 and FC2 from this same drive, so it ought to work.

The CDROM drive is enabled for booting in the BIOS (apparently - it's
a Phoenix BIOS). Is there anything else I need to do, or are there any
diagnostics that I can run?

If not, is there another way of installing? (I only burned iso 1,
intending to access the other iso images from my /home partition,
which is what I did for FC2)
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire