RE: FC3, Linuxant, stock kernel (2.6.9-1.667) and 4k stacks

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Don Levey wrote:

> fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

> > I have an A1 rev card.  Would be nice if they made up their minds as
> > to which chip set to use!  :)
> >
> > And then the manufacturers seem to just grab what ever chip set is
> > cheapest this week and put it out with the same model numbers.  That
> > just confuses the whole issue.

> Fortunately, it seems that D-Link did indeed change the hardware rev when
> changing chipsets.  Granted, it's not as explicit as changing the actual
> model number, but it helps...

I'm guessing everyone does the 'revision' change if the chipset
changes. Otherwise - they can't provide the 'correct' driver for
windows :)

Also, on this list - there are plenty of posts about these cards with
model numbers (but not rev numbers). I'd rather have them post the
'lspci or cardctl ident' for them.

BTW: What does 'cardctl ident' say for your cards?

Satish

---
[asterix]: lspci
02:02.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5211 802.11ab NIC (rev 01)