Re: Assertion error during install of FC3

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 20:46:04 +0000, WipeOut
<wipe_out@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I got some strange pop up errors during my install of FC3, something
"Assertion" errors while checking the disk..

It has two options, ignore or cancel.. If you choose ignore the install
terminates.. If you choose cancel the install continues..

I needed to cancel a number of these during the install but it didn't
seem to affect the install..

Hopefully that helps someone..

--

Please file a bug report with your system configuration details. it
seems that low memory systems have this annoyance with graphical

I used my wife's Win98 machine to mediacheck my 4 CDs. After they all passed, I let the install continue for a short while and saw the same assertion errors as above. My wife's machine is a K6-2/3D 500MHz, with 32768K PC100 DRAM and a 20GB Maxtor hard drive. Furthermore, diskdruid reported both /dev/hda1 with 19.8GB of disk space *and* 19.8GB of free space.... Oops! Needless to say, I stopped the "installation" at that point fearing I might screw up the wife's machine. B^)

I'll be trying to upgrade my FC2 installation sometime this weekend. Oh boy, I can't wait for these random X11 hangs to cease!

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx