FC3, Linuxant, stock kernel (2.6.9-1.667) and 4k stacks

I was able to download FC3 on Monday, and so yesterday like a dutiful
husband I went t oupgrade my wife's laptop yesterday (Dell Inspiron 1100,
with D-Link DWL-G650 wireless card).  Previously (FC1), the wireless card
was working with the Linuxant package (I tried both ndiswrapper and madwifi
and was unable to get either to work), so I wanted to continue using it in
FC3.

However, trying to update the drivers via their browser interface and then
add license information froze the entire machine.  There is indeed a
command-line interface to add license info, and this *seems* to take the new
license info without a problem, but it doesn't "stick".  Running the info
command shows that I am still lacking license info.  Trying to run the diag
dump command returns a stack trace, at which point the whole machine
freezes.  Needless to say, the card isn't working properly in linux (though
it is in WinXP - this is a dual-boot machine).

I therefore contacted Linuxant support.  It appears that the decision to go
to 4k stacks has caused them some consternation; they've recommended
replacing/patching the kernel.  I asked about possible support for 4k stacks
in the future, and got this response:

"we have implemented a stack workaround in DriverLoader but unfortunately it
doesn't work on the Fedora Core 3 kernel because there are other
problematic patches inserted into this kernel.

The only solution now available is to use our own 16K stacks kernel which
is basically a Fedora Core 3 kernel which we added a 16K stacks patch and
removed other problematic patches like the 4G/4G patch."

Therefore, the suggestion is to:

1) Download a vanilla kernel from kernel.org and apply the following patch:
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/full/archive/linux-2.6.9-16kstacks
.patch

2) Potentially use the 2.6.9-1.667 source from the Fedora CD/download, and
patch that (as above).

3) They have what may be a pre-patched 2.6.9 kernel on their site:
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/full/archive/driverloader-2.09/dri
verloader-2.09_k2.6.9_1.667-1fdr.i686.rpm.zip  (or http://tinyurl.com/57oqs)

I'll try these, in reverse order, tonight if I can, and report back.
While I'm sure others here will have suggestions and comments, I wanted to
get this info out so that others who may have a similar problem will be able
to see this.

 -Don