NVidia's Driver's and the latest FC2 kernel

On some things that I've read, the only good NVidia video card drivers
only work good on the latest kernel. I'm still running FC2, but have
found that the newest kernel won't even let me boot into FC, so I have
to use an older one. What's the best way to get around that into getting
a good video driver?