Monitor power management

I have a dell gx1 running FC2.

The monitor (also a dell) shuts off after 30 minutes of inactivity.  I
can't find out what's doing this?

-The monitor itself has power management disabled (using the on screen displays)
-The BIO has power management disabled
-In Fedora under Screen Saver Preferences, Advanced, Display Power
Management, I have tried disabled it, and also tried enabling it with
huge timer values.

Nothing works.  Screen still goes blank after 30 minutes.

Where else could I look?
Thanks
Shane