Re: FC3 - evolution 1.4?

On 11/09/2004 06:04:26 PM, Joshua Andrews wrote:
I don't keep up with GNOME stuff so I don't understand why going from evolution-1.4 to evolution-2.0 seems like a downgrade.

I liked 1.4 fine, better than 2.0 --I didn't think it was possible for GNOME apps to get uglier!

I was thinking of rebuilding the FC2 evolution but won't bother if there are tons of dependency problems.

Try balsa. Really.
I used to really like evolution but (no offense to the evolution people) for me it has just been getting worse and worse - so I ditched it and went to balsa, and while it has a few quirks of its own - it generally has been a much more pleasurable experience for me.

I'm not using FC3 balsa, I'm using the spec file from FC3 balsa but building it with a newer (by one version) balsa tarball (and newer gmime version).

It's a faster startup, smaller app, works well.