Re: Downloading core3

linux r wrote:

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:16:10 -0600, Gerry Tool <gstool@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ken Barber wrote:

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 10:54 am, John Aldrich wrote:

Are there any other torrents available for downloading FC3? The one at
linux.duke.edu doesn't seem to be working for me...

Try combing through the comments on the Slashdot article yesterday (I'm almost
done downloading so I haven't looked).

When FC2 was released, that is how I found a decent torrent server.

Ken

You can also just test a few mirrors until you find one that is downloading at a good rate and then switch to an ftp program (like gftp) to download it directly. I found that FoxFire got confused at the end of a very long DVD download and I had to start over. Still, I had the DVD and had finished installing by yesterday evening. Or, perhaps you have a dial-up con

I am having better luck with the Ireland mirrors than anything in my time zone (eastern). I also had trouble with mozilla ff towards the end of a dl. Is gftp faster than a 'normal' download ? worth investigating...

I don't think there is any speed benefit, but I have never had a reliability issue using gftp whereas browser downloads, even using ftp:// as the protocol rather than http:// have frequently aborted.