Re: Downloading core3

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:16:10 -0600, Gerry Tool <gstool@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ken Barber wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday 09 November 2004 10:54 am, John Aldrich wrote:
> >

> >>Are there any other torrents available for downloading FC3? The one at
> >>linux.duke.edu doesn't seem to be working for me...
> >>

> >Try combing through the comments on the Slashdot article yesterday (I'm almost
> >done downloading so I haven't looked).
> >
> >When FC2 was released, that is how I found a decent torrent server.
> >
> >Ken

You can also just test a few mirrors until you find one that is
downloading at a good rate and then switch to an ftp program (like
gftp) to download it directly.  I found that FoxFire got confused at
the end of a very long DVD download and I had to start over.  Still, I
had the  DVD and had finished installing by yesterday evening. Or,
perhaps you have a dial-up con

I am having better luck with the Ireland mirrors than anything in my
time zone (eastern).  I also had trouble with mozilla ff towards the
end of a dl.  Is gftp faster than a 'normal' download ?   worth
investigating...