Apologies for dumb questions

I wanted to apologize for my dumb questions on upgrading to a newer
Fedora Core.  After all of the positive things I have heard and seen for
Linux and the Fedora Core, I expected the upgrade to be much simpler.
If one has an older computer with Fedora Core 1 on it, it is next to
impossible to upgrade with burning CDs.  I do not have a CD burner on
this machine that I am using to learn FC and Linux.  Someone is sending
me CDs for FC2.  I had thought with using a graphical interface such as
synaptic for apt I could get files that would install through synaptic
without going to using CD-ROMs.

Bill Drew
drewwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A little disappointed in the high learning curve but learning never the
less