Re: Bootstrap with no bootable CD device

Bill Somerville wrote:

Hello

I have Fedora Core 2 binary CD's.

Disk 1 boots OK on another machine.

I have a problem with two other machines.

On one that boots other Linux distro CD's the FC2 disk 1 fails to boot
with messages about "winging it" then "unable to find specs".

On another the CD has never booted anything (no BIOS support I think).

How do I proceed? I cannot find any docs on booting from floppy.

I have copied the distro files to an nfs share on another machine - but
still need some sort of bootstrap.

TIA
Bill Somerville

On the one that gives errors, how much memory does it have? The Fedora installer requires 64 megs.

On the other, there a few options. I find these to be the easiest, as long as you can boot from a floppy:

Smart Boot Manager:   http://btmgr.webframe.org/
Generic Linux Boot Floppy:   http://www.deesconsulting.com/glbf

-Ben Dees Consulting www.deesconsulting.com