Bootstrap with no bootable CD device

Hello

I have Fedora Core 2 binary CD's.

Disk 1 boots OK on another machine.

I have a problem with two other machines.

On one that boots other Linux distro CD's the FC2 disk 1 fails to boot
with messages about "winging it" then "unable to find specs".

On another the CD has never booted anything (no BIOS support I think).

How do I proceed? I cannot find any docs on booting from floppy.

I have copied the distro files to an nfs share on another machine - but
still need some sort of bootstrap.

TIA
Bill Somerville