Re: Access-like application

J.L. Coenders wrote:

> Does anyone know a good, simple and graphical database application, like
> Access, but then of course running on Linux?
> I am aware of the existance of mysql, etc. and I can control that myself,
> however not everybody is able to code and use this, so I am looking for
> something simple to create simple databases.

phpmyadmin is an excellent web-based graphical front-end for MySQL.  No
programming required.  In fact, I think the GUI is a little nicer than
Access.  I think it could be what you're looking for.

The hard part (for me) was setting up Apache, PHP, and MySQL to work
together.  But once it's set up, it works very nice... sort of a
no-brainer.

In addition, phpmyadmin is structured in a sort of educational way.  Don't
care about learning SQL?  No problem... you don't need it.  Don't really
care about SQL, just need to be able to form one or two queries to cut and
paste into a script?  Great... it always displays the SQL code that it just
executed.

--
                     G a b r i e l   M .   B e d d i n g f i e l d