Problem with yellow text in man pages -

I'm using xfce 4.0.5-1 and Fedora Core 2 [kernel 2.6.8-1.521].

I prefer to run xterm using black text on a white background which works well for me except
when I call a "man page." Many words are accented in yellow which is unreadable against a
white background. I usually avoid the problem by using "info" instead of "man." But it seems
to me there ought to be a better way. How can I force the man pages to use only black text?

I dealt with the color change by entering in the "command" window under "Terminal" properties
"xfterm4 -bg white -fg black." That works as expected for everything except man pages.

Any help appreciated ...

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin, Zuni, Virginia