Re: Status of XP Dual Boot Problem -- a long comment

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 17:26 +0000, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Paul Rennix wrote:
> > Sorry for jumping in mid-thread, and I'm not sure if this has been
> > pointed out, but this problem appears to have been fixed in FC3T3.
> >
> > I think Fedora Core 3 is only a week or two from being released, but the
> > test version is working great so far for me.
> >
> > To do a dual install, I had an OEM install of XP Home on a new laptop.
> > I resized the partition to about half the size using Knoppix.  Then I
> > installed FC3T3 and instructed it to use existing free space then the
> > rest was install as usual...
>
> So you didn't try FC2 on that laptop?
>
> The thing is, not every computer had the dual boot bug.

I didn't realize that.  I guess it just happened on every computer *I*
tried it on ;) I wonder if anyone out there who had it fail for them
would give it a shot.  I have two other boxes that would be good
candidates for a test which had the geometry bug... but I guess I'll
need to do a fresh windows install on a clean drive first for the test
to be of any value...

-paul