Re: selinux lib removal

It is not the SEL libraries that I don't want but they raise the issue
of forking.

If a new version of program X comes out that is not FC2 specific and would
therefore not be linked into libselinux, won't that mean that we have to
re-implement it in FC2 - at least recompile.

So if we have a closed-source program (ie we can't recompile) that
requires standard library, doesn't this raise an issue?

I would have thought that selinux libs should only be used by programs in
..../selinux/bin - which should not be in the path of a non-SEL box.

Shades of Big Brother that we have been trying to avoid in the OS movement
I thought.  There are alternatives to SEL if you want security.

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx              a.einstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675       www.quantex-research.com