Re: Linksys Wireless Card

Yes, one of the computers in my household has a Linksys WMP-54G. In
order to run that with Fedora Core I, I had to install the Linuxant
DriverLoader. Worse yet, I had to compile using kernel source, which is
why I never upgraded that computer from FC1 to 2, because it was a
hassle and a half to get that wireless interface to work properly.

The problem is the Broadcomm chipset that it has. Broadcomm plagiarized
GPL material, or so I understand--maybe some of the older vets can
correct my understanding of "The Broadcomm Problem." Today, I'd hope I
could find a better solution--maybe use a Linksys Wireless *Bridge* with
the integrated Ethernet network interface that modern motherboards
commonly use.

That's the only trouble with Linux: not every hardware maker wants to
work with what is still as much a political movement as an industry
standard, and that just makes things harder for everyone.

Temlakos