Restoring FC images to different HW configs

I use PXE boot to grab a Ghost boot image from an TFTP server. A preconfigured Linux install then multicasts over to the machines. Some of the machines have their hardware configured differently. ie on the original machine

/boot = hda1

/ = hda2

Swap = hda3

On some machines the hard disks are plugged into a different IDE controller (don’t ask me why). So the config needs to be:

/boot = hdc1

/ = hdc2

Swap = hdc3

I can configure grub to boot the kernel but it fails when it attempts to mount the partitions.

How do I re-configure this so it mounts the correct partitions? Considering that I get to the rescue prompt and / is read only.

Cheers,

Garry Harthill

Mirago Plc

www.mirago.com