Re: White Box /RHEL 3 on a Mac?

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 09:29 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:
[...]
Why not use the software that Apple provides with OS X?

Many reasons come to mind. One of them, is to use Free Software, instead
of mainly proprietary software.

It is a BSD type unix system.

Not really. It is based on one such, but its behaviour has been severly
hampered. Why get a toy BSD-based os when you can get a serious BSD?

It's unfortunate that you feel OS X is a "toy" -- as it's actually quite good and stable in my experience. I've set my iBook up with Fink and have access to thousands of non-proprietary freely available software. Fink's not a toy either -- it's very usable tool allowing OS X users access to apt-get repos. Were you not aware of Fink?

Hope this helps,
Clint