Re: evolution crashing on startup

Mariano Draghi wrote:
> So he suggested to run evo2 running
>    export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.15
> before.
> It worked. But he couldn't explain me exactly why. He said that if that
> solved the problem, then it's probably an obscure bug in glibc or
> something. But it was very, very weird, as I was running Evolution 2
> perfectly well before.

For the gory details behind LD_ASSUME_KERNEL, see
http://people.redhat.com/drepper/assumekernel.html

If you use it at all, you turn off the NPTL model of threads.

I'm not sure why this should affect Evolution 2.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james |  ... File not found, I'll load something *I* think
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |  is interesting.