Re: evolution crashing on startup

mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx escribió:
I've just got into work this morning and fired up my installation of
evolution 2 only to get the following error message:

The application "evolution" has quit unexpectedly

has anyone got any ideas on how to fault find this one ?

I ran into the same thing a couple of days ago.
A guy from #evolution at irc.freenode.org, kindly tryed to help me to debug the problem. We tryed a gdb, but got no usefull stacktrace.

So he suggested to run evo2 running
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.15
before.
It worked. But he couldn't explain me exactly why. He said that if that solved the problem, then it's probably an obscure bug in glibc or something. But it was very, very weird, as I was running Evolution 2 perfectly well before.

The only "strange" thing I did before I got the first evo2 crash, was to update a few packages. But *nothing* evolution related (wine, f.i.)

Anyway, as I didn't want to do that "export LD_ASSUME..." every time I wanted to use Evolution, I tryed the old-windows-trick: ;)
yum remove evolution
yum install evolution
... and now it works prefectly again

So my best guess is... try to reinstall evolution.

Regards,

--
Mariano