Xorg re-configuring at reboot

    I've been using this old Sun monitor and some kind of Nvidia card
for about 2-3 years now.  Since it no longer returns 'sane' values, the
monitor can't be probed for frequencies.

    Until very recently, I manually edited the config file, and never
had to touch it.  But now I'm seeing that upon every reboot, without
kudzu mentioning anything, it selects the 'nv' driver, guesses at the
frequency, loads DRI, and changes the available resolutions.

    Is anyone else seeing this?
Brian FahrlÃnder                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller