Help with labtec mouse and kbd

I searched the archives and was not able to find anything that would help.

I bought a labtec wireless keyboard and mouse, and I can't get the middle
button to work. The mouse scrolls, but when pushing it down  after
selecting text, it does not paste. The middle button appears to work on XP.

I just realized that when I turn on my power bar the computer running
Windows XP boots automatically {because I use it for a TV} then I
use a kvm and switch to the second port and boot my FC2 machine
when I want to use it. I wonder if the driver in XP is doing something
that could be causing this problem.

I would also like to change the keyboard config so I can use the extra
buttons.

Back in the day... when things were supposed to be harder, you could
pick different keyboard layouts, not just the language. Since I have an
nVidia Card with two monitors I thought I would ask before trying
the the XF86Setup or similar utilities if they still exist, since they usually
mess up xorg.conf.

--
Guy Fraser

There is a fine line between genius and lunacy, fear not, walk the line with pride. Not all things will end up as you wanted, but you will certainly discover things the meek and timid will miss out on.