Re: problems with upgrade from RH9 to FC2 [solved, sort of]

James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 <at> earthlink.net> writes:
> I suggest installing or reinstalling these files.  I
> ran rpm -q --filerequire gnome-session and putting all of the requested
> .so files into /usr/lib.

And Gary Parker replied:

Thanks again for the suggestion.  /opt is empty and all the appropriate files
seem to in /usr/lib/.

KDE works fine.  However, I was unable to resolve my problems with gnome.  So, I
tried another upgrade, this time to FC3.  Everything works fine now, even bash.

And James McKenzie asked (in amazement)

FC3 is out?  Or am I to assume you are talking about FC3 test 3?  I would be very happy to get FC3 and install it after I clean out my system and backup my application and user data as this will require repatitioning of my hard drive to a more stable (and FHS compliant) setup.

James McKenzie