Re: insmod problem

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:47:27 +0200, Alexander Dalloz
<alexander.dalloz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Fr, den 22.10.2004 schrieb Linn Kubler um 21:42:
>
> > Ok, that worked, cool!  However, now I see that I have the option to
> > boot to either version of the kernel when my computer starts.  Is
> > there a reason to keep the older version around?  If not, should I
> > remove it?  If so, how does one do that?
>
> > Linn
>
> The old kernel sits there for security. If the new one does not boot or
> makes other trouble you have the chance to still boot with the old one.
> I would keep the old kernel quite a while, until you are sure you have
> no problems with the new one. You then can uninstall the old kernel: rpm
> -e kernel-$version.
>
> Alexander

Yeah, that's what I figured also and it is simply using rpm to remove
it, that's good.  Wasn't sure how involved that would be.  I'll take
your advice though and keep it around for a while, it isn't hurting me
any to have it there.

Thanks again for all the help, I learned a bunch this week.
Linn