Re: FC2 behavior changes annoying

Jeff Vian wrote:
On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 01:25, Dave Close wrote:
2. There are several ways to initiate moving a window around on the
  screen. But with FC2, there seem to be some limits on where I
  can move it. I can still move it down so that only the title bar
  remains visible. Moving it to the left or right stops with about
  an inch of the window still visible even though I have plenty of
  title bar still available to push on. And it is impossible to move
  the window's title bar above the top of the screen. All of these
  movements were possible in previous Red Hat releases.

Why would you want to move the title bar above the screen top? If you

I got my Kicker centered at the top of my left screen (I got Xinerama running 2 screens). It occupies maybe 75% of the width of the left screen. However, I am unable to use (conveniently) some area on the right screen too, because KDE would not let me move a window higher than the lower border of kicker. So I end up with a stripe of perfectly good screen area being wasted...

did that you would not have access to the minimize/maximize/close
buttons on the title bar ever again. and many windows remember their
last position so reopening them would give the same problem even if you
killed them to get them off the screen after making the title bar
inaccessible.

I like the limitation that makes the title bar accessible no matter
where you try to move it.

I like choice and configurability. I want to switch that off.

Greets,

//Andro

--
Andrey Andreev