Re: run levels (priority) and chkconfig --add

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 22:29, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> rpm -qi sendmail-milter-spf
> Name        : sendmail-milter-spf          Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 1.41                              Vendor: (none)
> Release     : 1                             Build Date: Tue 27 Apr 2004
> 03:50:26 AM EDT
> Install Date: Thu 30 Sep 2004 12:30:34 AM EDT      Build Host:
> gatekeeper.city-fan.org
> Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM:
> sendmail-milter-spf-1.41-1.src.rpm
> Size        : 54174                            License: GPL
> Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 27 Apr 2004 03:50:57 AM EDT, Key ID
> e0be69c9b56a8bac
> Packager    : Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Summary     : Milter to enable SPF checking in sendmail
> Description :
> sendmail-milter-spf is a mail filter designed to be used with sendmail
> to implement checking of DNS spf records (see http://spf.pobox.com/)
> to detect forged mail sender addresses.
>
> I think its yours, Paul.   B^)  B^)

Yes, I'm the guilty party there. Do you have my perl modules too?

perl-Mail-SPF-Query
perl-Mail-SRS
perl-Net-CIDR
perl-Sendmail-Milter
perl-Net-CIDR-Lite
perl-Net-DNS
perl-Sys-Hostname-Long

If you start the milter whilst sendmail is not running, are there
definitely no log messages in /var/log/maillog?

Does the socket get created in /var/spf-milter?

> But I may have been trying to upgrade a previous version that was not an
> RPM that I installed a while back directly from spf.pobox.com....
>
> Yes, I have modified the chkconfig priority trying to get it to work
> right for me.  I think I remember having to do the same with the
> previous version too....

I've not played with the perl milter for some time now as Mark appears
to have stopped developing it and I've moved on to using Jef Poskanzer's
C-based milter instead.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>