Re: OT but pretty cool - $750 off Inspirons today only

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 17:42 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> I'm sending you this off-list because there's no need to pollute it with
> even *more* junk.

Um, wrong button.

> You may have not had monetary interest in this particular message, but the
> next fifty person who come along with similar advertisements might. Please,
> let's not have that on the list.

You know, I've forwarded this kind of thing exactly once - today.  Have
no fear, I won't do it again.  Not because I really care about whether
you object, but because in general it irks me that in trying to be
helpful someone always has to bitch.  It just drives home what I said
earlier - "no good deed goes unpunished."

> Plus, your personal attacks and those of the "earlier poster" are _highly_
> uncool.

Calling me a spammer (I fight spam professionally - them's fighting
words, partner) was as you put it, "_highly_ uncool."

> The list should be friendly for new users.

Exactly - and I tried to put something up that would be helpful to my
"friends."

> I can take the lame insults, but it makes me sad to see the list degenerate.
> I think it would be approprate for you to post a public apology.

You first.

> Come on -- this isn't helping Fedora.

But it was intended to help Fedora *users* - you just couldn't take it
in the spirit in which it was offered.  You made a public case about it,
not me.  Now you're upset because you got thumped on for being a whiny-
baby.  Breathe through the pain, buddy.

TC