Re: OT but pretty cool - $750 off Inspirons today only

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 04:33:18PM -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> Like an earlier poster said, "Get a life."  Aren't there more important
> things for you to get your panties in a wad over than me trying to save
> some fellow Linuxers a few bucks?

I'm sending you this off-list because there's no need to pollute it with
even *more* junk.

While you obviously didn't see any harm in your message, it sets a bad
precedent. There's already enough mail on the Fedora list that it's hard to
keep up with it and have a job -- and yes, a life. As I said, there are
*plenty* of "hot deals" mailing lists and websites out there, and people
interested in such things should follow those.

You may have not had monetary interest in this particular message, but the
next fifty person who come along with similar advertisements might. Please,
let's not have that on the list.

Plus, your personal attacks and those of the "earlier poster" are _highly_
uncool. The list should be friendly for new users. This ain't. No one should
have to show up and see 1) a bunch of commercial posts for deals on
computers and 2) a lot of hot-headed name calling.

I can take the lame insults, but it makes me sad to see the list degenerate.
I think it would be approprate for you to post a public apology.

Come on -- this isn't helping Fedora.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>