Re: free space advice.

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 17:38 +0100, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> After Imaging over my working FC2 (40gig HD) to my new drive (80gig SATA) it
> has left me with approx 40gig Free unused space..
>
> What would you guys do? I am just after some ideas on the best way to go
> about this.

Since it sounds like you are running one big 40GB partition, perhaps the
simplest route is to boot from a rescue CD, then use parted to resize
the partition all the way to 80GB.

I've done this dozens of times and it has worked flawlessly. Of course,
you should still have a backup of your data just in case!

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>