Re: Booting the installation of Fedora Core 2

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 18:27 -0400, Tim Holmes wrote:
> 4. I'm not sure how to proceed from here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Here's an alternative. I just used this on a PPro/200 with 64MB RAM this
weekend. Slow, but functional.

  1. Get your boot floppy for Fedora Core *1* and install FC-1 onto the
system.

  2. Boot into the FC-1 you just installed.

  3. Copy the vmlinuz and initrd files from the FC-2 (or FC3-Tx) CD that
you actually want to install into /boot on the system.

  4. Edit /boot/grub/grub.conf. You'll see a set of four lines that boot
the kernel you already have. Copy them (make a new set of four lines)
and edit them to point to the vmlinuz/initrd files you just placed
there. On the "kernel" line, the one that points to vmlinuz, place the
word "text" at the very end.

  5. Reboot and select your new boot option. You can now install your
new FC2 or FC3-Tx from here.

Does all this make sense?

Cheers,

--