Re: Apache + PHP + Mysql

Hello Jacque
	Fedora does support Apache 2.x, MySql 3.2x and PHP 4.3x (perl, python
as well). Fedora call apache httpd

To start apache either with service or console under root user
/etc/init.d/httpd start
to test server with any browser and open http://127.0.0.1 you should see
a fedora core test page.

to test out php module
create a web page index.php in /var/www/html
<?php
    print "Hello, world";
?>
and once again to php with any browser and open
http://127.0.0.1/index.php
you should see Hello, world on page.

To see your php config create this
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
this will show all the php configure for your system. For security
reason do not lay this code around for external use to see you php
configuration.

/etc/init.d/mysql start
to check mysql status
mysqladmin -p -u root status

Myql default password is "" blank change to a secure password

to shutdown httpd and mysql server
/etc/init.d/httpd stop
/etc/init.d/mysql stop

good luck