Re: repository for yum updates ?

cajun wrote:

Hi all,

Have a question. To start off with I am running RH9 with all the latest patches. In my yum.conf file I point to :

http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/

I have been noticing that when an update comes out that the fedoralegacy site is update way before the fedora site is. Is there a reason for this? What would be the harm of me pulling my updates for the fedoralegacy site then the fedora site? Or is just that the fedoralegacy site is updated first and when time permits the fedora site is then updated?
Thanks for the insight!!

Lee Perez

When a project pass to fedoralegacy, fedoralegacy get the control on it.
The patches, therefore, are made from fedoralegacy and not from fedora team.