Re: machine don't halt(continuing)!

Erico Augusto said:

> I suppose that isn't a ACPI problem because I left the machine turned on
> 2 days, but without log in any user ... and it's halt.

So your machine *does* halt. Wrong subject then ;-)

> When I log in the machine, left a lot of time on and try to halt I got a
> kernel panic ... a lot of memory addresses rolls down in the screen.

But you have a problem shutting down. Press CTRL-ALT-F1, log in as root,
do a "shutdown -h now" and watch. What message do you see *just before*
the kernel panic?

Also try to see in your /var/log/messages how far the system came in it's
shutdown before the kernel panic.

HaJo