RE: Help w/ Linksy WPC11 v4

Hello Lloyd,
I'm a newbie to anything linux myself, personally I like the OS but its a real butt pain when it comes to getting anything to work! I also have the same card you do. I went to the Linksys website and got the driver for it, seems that Linksys uses the wlan-ng driver for the WPC11 Ver 4 card. All I have to do now is download a precompiled kernel and install that, then install the driver and everyone in linux land is telling me it should work. I'll let you know if it does when I'm done, until then, I hope this email may have pointed you in the right direction. As for me, its back to the HOWTO's of kernel compiling!

See ya!

From: Lloyd Hayes <lloyd545220-trucker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Help w/ Linksy WPC11 v4 Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:46:46 -0600

I bought the Linksys WPC11 v4 802.11b card because it was supported to be supported by Linux. I've found the driver, which is the RealTek 8139 driver. But this card has directions saying that it only works with the 2.4 kernel of Linux. Realtek 8129 driver comes with FC2, but does seem to connect with this card.

I haven't gotten the sound to work yet with FC2, but the light on the card comes on when it is plugged in.

Any ideas?

I have the source code for the 8139 driver under the 2.4 kernel. Will compiling it under the 2.6 kernel work?

(Yes, I'm a real newbie to anything Linux.)

--

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker@xxxxxxxxx