Re: Sendmail Question

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Di, den 12.10.2004 schrieb Chris Logan um 20:10:

Is there anyway I can create users and have there usernames and passwords separate from the systems.

Yes, sure. A simple solution would be to use a sasldb2. A more complex
solution is to use an LDAP server. Setting up Sendmail along with a
MySQL server is possible too.

How do I use sasldb2? I wouldn't mind using MySQL since its something I know but want to keep it simple.

Change /usr/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf to contain something like:

pwcheck_method: auxprop
mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
log_level: 3
auxprop_plugin: sasldb

Then use "saslpasswd2" to create the /etc/sasldb2 with your user data.
Be sure the file is chowned by root and chmod 600, because the auth data
is stored in this db file in plain format. Read about the SASL auth. You
will need to care for the realm being part of the username.
"sasldblistusers2" will list created sasldb2 users.

Alexander

Well I fooled myself its not working had a linux user account with the same name and it was using it. I have chmod 600 sasldb2 and sasldb I don't know which one its using I had a Sendmail.conf in /etc/sasl2/ but I also put one in /etc/sasl/ both with
"pwcheck_method: saslauthd"
did both saslpasswd and saslpasswd2
It acts like sendmail isn't reading either of them do I have to add something to the sendmail.mc