Re: Looking for backup software of complete system

Rick Lim wrote:

My preferred method of backup would be to rewriteable CD ROM, not meaning to
start a flame war but with my experience of tapes,,,, they eventually wear
out, you always write over the same section of tape at the start and this is
the most likely failure point, not to mention stretch, size of media etc.

A good tape system is quite reliable; that's why tape backup is still the gold standard in enterprise class installations. The initial outlay for such a system can be higher than CD-RW, but the incremental cost of adding media is lower and the media itself has a more proven track record than CD-RW.

--

-John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)