Re: basic installation problem

Arg! I tried again, this time using gtoaster. I
couldn't find anyway to specify the right way for the
iso files to be written. I clicked on "record to cd"
and it burned the CD--and again it just shows up as 1
iso file. I tried right-clicking on the disc 1 iso
file in the folder it's in (my home folder), but
there's no option I can find for "burn to CD."

Maybe I should just shell out the $50 for one of the
Fedora Core books, because it looks as if I can't
write the bloody iso files to the CD the right way.

Unless...someone mentioned using "cdrecord" in the
terminal. If that's possible, could someone please
tell me exactly what to type if I want to burn the
disc 1 iso files from my home folder to a CD?

--- Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> joshua neff wrote:
> > Okay, so I'm attempting to burn new CDs the right
> way.
> > Now, I apologuze if this sounds stupid, but, does
> this
> > seem right?: Using RH9's Nautilus, a window
> > automatically opens up for the blank CD, labelled
> > "burn:///"; I clicked and dragged the first disc
> iso
> > over into the "burn" window; do I now click on
> "Write
> > CD" and on "Target to write to" I click on "File
> > Image"? I'm not seeing any other way to "create CD
> > from image."
> >
> > Again, I apologize if this sounds really ignorant.
>
> Usually you would want to use nautilus to navigate
> to the location of
> your iso files. Then you would choose write to CD
> and nautilus-cd-burner
> should burn you a copy of the desired filesystem.
>
> I usually close down the popup blank window and just
> navigate to the
> isos myself. I don't know what would happen if you
> dragged the iso to
> the burn window, then clicked write to CD. It might
> work, though
> probably not a step that is needed.
>
> Jim
>
> --