Re: basic installation problem

>That makes sense. So...how do I change the BIOS order?
>I'm looking through Linux in a Nutshell, but I'm not
>finding anything that easily says how to do this.

This is a BIOS setup issue, and there's nothing in Linux that affects
it.  If you have Dell systems, usually holding down the <F2> key gets
you to the BIOS setup.  When your system reboots, look for something o
the Dell startup screen that indicates how to enter Setup.

On very new Dell machines, pressing <F12> at the Dell start screen
allows you to change the boot order temporarily, just for this kind of
situation.  Look for a prompt about "Boot Order".  Older Dell machines
don't have this.

Erik