Re: Using DVI LCD monitors in fedora

On Sunday 10 Oct 2004 18:52, John Davin wrote:

> I recently installed Fedora Core 2, and expected that DVI monitor support
> would be something that would work "out of the box" since it's such a
> common feature now.
> But it doesn't work - I can get console on DVI, but when I start X, I
> just get a blank screen - or sometimes it goes berserk and starts
> flashing weird gray static.
>
> My graphics card is a GeForceFX 5200, and I have installed the Nvidia
> driver (NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6111-pkg1.run).

Assuming you made the necessary changes to your xorg.conf as mentioned in
the NVidia Readme??
Most importantly changing the driver in xorg.conf from "nv" to "nvidia", and
maybe change the frequency settings to match your Panel.

You "may" need to add these couple of lines to your xorg.conf, I had to do
this to get my DVI to work:

Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0"

#       Cure Blank Console screens
Option      "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "TV"

The last one fixes Blank console screens on some Fedora setup's, Some output
from your X logs may shed some light on the problem.

HTH

Colin
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.8.1
KDE-Redhat-3.3.0-5.0.2.kde