Re: Numlock key turn on logon

On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 23:21, Harikrishnan M wrote:
> > How do I setup fedora so that when I log into gnome the numlock will be
> > on. I have tried the save session settings and it does not seem to save
> > this option.
>
> This can be done using the setting in your BIOS. The state, at
> power-on,  of many such keys are stored in the BIOS data area.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> -- Hari

That is what I thought, but so far it has never worked for me.
Fedora follows the legacy of all RedHat versions I have tried and it
does not honor the bios setting for the numlock key.  I live with it but
would rather have it set according to the bios.

If you can tell me of any other key settings that are in the bios of
most computers I would love to know what ones they are.  The bios on all
boards I have ever used only has the numlock key setting.