Re: OT: spammers are using my domain again

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 11:07:03AM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> of course, there is the opinion that it is ineffective too!
> see:
> <http://www.ciphertrust.com/spf_stats>

I thinik you're just jumping in partway. :) Look at the subject of the
message -- the original poster isn't trying to stop spam -- just to stop his
domain from being used as a forged source for spam. SPF won't stop that
immediately but _will_ allow him to announce authoritatively that such
forged mails are indeed forged. Eventually, if everyone starts dropping
messages revealed by SPF to be forgeries, this problem _will_ be solved.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>