RE:New Install /w Misc. problems

Oops....
I sent a previous submission where I was talking about WiFi locations. I said that most locations have "g" service 5.4 MB/sec available, with a few having only "b" service at 2.4 MB/sec.

I had the right idea, but the wrong speeds. Most have "G" service at 54.0 MB/sec, with a few have "B" service at 11.0 MB/sec.

Duh... All I had to do was look down on my screen....

One thing has really bothered me though in the Linux information available. I always read in Linux/UNIX documents and topics that most WiFi sites are running "B" service even when you have a "G" modem. I drive a truck coast-to-coast, and have my own small trucking company. I get my loads over the Internet. I find far more "G" access points across the country then "B" access points. The only thing that I can figure is that "B" access must be more available around colleges.
(The state of Texas has began putting free WiFi Internet access in Rest Areas along major highways.)

--

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker@xxxxxxxxx