Re: running login/logout scripts

James Wilkinson wrote:

Further to my previous mail...

check https://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/twiki/bin/view/Linux/ScriptsGalore

Thanks...there is also: http://www.jirka.org/gdm.html for the Gnome Display Manager. I ended up inserting my two one line scripts within the "Default" script in both the "PreSession" and "PostSession" directories. Apparently, only de "Default" script is executed, so you cant just copy the script to the Pre/PostSession directories. Also, if you login to the Gnome desktop, the .bash_profile and .bash_logout scripts are not executed, as you suggested.

CD