Re: rpm dependencies

Mike Noble wrote:
I a new to Fedora, have been using Mandrake for the last several years. I am trying to find a tool that will install packages and solve the dependencies for you (ie. download/Install the packages that are needed as well). I looked
at yum, but when adding a package, it tells me that the following
dependencies are
not satisfied. It does not tell me what packages I need just that
these libs are not
installed.
Does Fedora have a tool which will solve and make adding packages easier, if
so, what is it?

Thanks,
Mike

Fedora's yum works great and is intended to solve dependency problems. Which package are you installing, with yum, that has dependency problems? I am assuming you are installing a package from a yum repository, not just a rpm file you downloaded. You might check out "yumi", which is a graphical front end to yum, and shows all the packages available in your repositories located in /etc/yum.conf. Here is a great link, pointed out to me on this list, that has more repositories and mirror sites.

 http://www.fedorafaq.org/samples/yum.conf

You will need to uncomment the repositories you want...

Doug P