Re: k3b Burn Speed

Jonathan Allen wrote:
Michael,

Can you burn 52x with cdrecord?

Not as far as I know/knew.  I think the CD-burn speed is the middle of
the three figures (52x24x52), and the first is the CD-read speed, but
I don't know what the third figure is.

No, first is the write speed, the second is the rewrite speed, the third is the read speed. The above numbers say:

	write:		52x (better have a fast machine!)
	rewrite:	24x
	read:		52x

No. OPC is done to determine the burning power of the laser in your
CD writer. It has nothing to do with the rest of your computer.

Correct.

Thank you for explaining that.  I'm wiser now :-)

Jonathan

- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-                       When in doubt, mumble.                       -