Re: Mail headers for multiple accounts

Christopher Taylor wrote:
I have recently moved my web accounts to a dedicated server running FC2. Everything worked great. The individual account have thier domain names,
but the email headers state that they came from dedicated.my_domain.net. Is there a way I can fix this so that email sent from my accounts shows
that they came from the correct domain name?

If you are using sendmail as your MTA then you can use a genericstable to do this.

Add to your sendmail.mc file:

FEATURE(`genericstable')dnl
GENERICS_DOMAIN(`dedicated.my_domain.net')dnl

Create a file /etc/mail/genericstable containing entries like these:

fred		freds_user_name@freds_domain_name
jim		jim_user_name@jims_domain_name

After rebuilding your sendmail.cf and restarting sendmail, mail sent out by local user fred should have a From: header address of freds_user_name@freds_domain_name etc.

Paul.