Re: want to recover /usr/local

Long time ago, I used mc (midnight commander - ships with fedora) to undelete files from an ext2 file system. Try searching on this topic on google.

VJ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sathish S. Vadhiyar" <vss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 6:52 AM
Subject: HELP: want to recover /usr/local

Hi,

I accidentally removed /usr/local on a machine. This was where I was
having all 3rd-party software. Moreover this was serving as NFS filesystem
for other machines in my cluster. I still haven't rebooted the system. Is
there any magical way in fedora to restore the directory? ANy help will be
GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Sathish